Dear beekeeping enthusiasts and fellow beekeepers. Here is the much awaited DIY Homemade electric four frame beekeeping honey extractor in ACTION. Visit our beekeeping supplies store if you need any beekeeping equipment or an extractor. http://www.mahakobees.com/store.html.
This honey extractor is of a very heavy duty build. We are surprised at how well it help up during our test honey extraction of about 50 honey frames. The honey was fully capped and the room temperature was approximately 27 degrees Celsius (80.6 F), so the honey was removed from the honeycomb frames with little effort. Most beekeepers contemplate building their own DIY home made extractor, and this one is truly a rock solid honey spinner. It barely moved as the belt drive increased the speed. It suits four frames, of any size. In this beekeeping 101 video, we used the IDEAL sized honey frames, but the electric #extractor with a speed controller can easily accommodate any size. The honey gate at the bottom of the food grade plastic extractor drum makes it easy to slide a #honey pale or bucket directly underneath. We used a course honey strainer or a sieve to remove any larger pieces of beeswax that may have fallen into the freshly extracted raw honey.
All in all, we were impressed with how well this homemade DIY honey extractor worked.
It was not very safe, with electric speed controller and wires exposed, and the belt drive that used a washing machine motor with a fly wheel is also rather dangerous. But, it works. Hopefully, you can get some inspiration from this video, and perhaps give building a four frame honey extractor in your own beekeeping shop.
If you enjoy our videos, we invite you to subscribe and join the growing fleet of beekeepers across the world. Bees are very important to our way of life, and all beekeepers need your support. We appreciate you sharing our content with others and your time.
Enjoy your #beekeeping… and the healthy raw honey!
Show your support for our Beekeeping initiatives on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/mahakobees
- Beekeeping Website http://www.mahakobees.com
- Beekeeping Supplies on eSTORE: http://www.mahakobees.com/store.html
- Colony disorder Blog: http://mahakobees.com/blog
- Beekeeping with kids on Blog kids: http://beekeepingwithkids.blogspot.com.au/
- Mahako Honey on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/mahakobees
- Bee Colonies on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+MahakoBees
- Apiary on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mahakobees/
- Beekeepers on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/mahakobees/
- Extracting honey on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mahakobees
- Honey extraction on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125372235@N04/
- Mahakobees on Stumbleupon: http://www.pinterest.com/mahakobees/
- Bee hives on Tumblr site: http://mahakobees.tumblr.com/
- Bees Tumblr blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/mahakobees
- Beehives on LiveJournal: http://mahakobees.livejournal.com/
- Bee Keeping on Delicious https://delicious.com/mahakobees
- Honey bees on Diigo https://www.diigo.com/user/mahakobees
- Beekeeping on Plurk: https://www.plurk.com/MahakoBees
extractor, honey, honey extractor, diy extractor, homemade extractor, beekeeping, beekeeping 101, honey spinner, beekeeping equipment, honey extraction, four frame extractor, radial extractor, electric extractor, extracting honey, easy honey extraction, bee, bees, bee keeping, raw honey, building an extractor, honey extracting, harvest honey, how to extract honey, honey extraction at home, hobby beekeeping, beekeeping supplies, reversible extractor